Monday, February 12, 2007

Task No.4 - Reading Taskā€¦ (12/2/07)

Schools to teach Net safety lessons

After reading this article, I felt warmhearted and something related to me. It is very meaningful and close to me in a way that I was once an addicted online gamer and would surf the net for at least 3-4 hours daily. As a student myself, I know that the pressure in school is great, thus we as students will find a way to de-stress on the net or by playing online games. This eventually leads to the addiction to the net or the online gaming. By the end of the week, we would accumulate our school work and will not able to focus in our studies. I personally think that an addicted gamer will only waste his money and time on his/her games. Eventually, they will get sick of the games and desolate them and what they get from gaming is only the experience. Although there are cases of earning profits from MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games), the chances are very slim. About out of the 100 who played, only 3 could earn profits from MMORPG. The actions taken by the MOE will certainly cut down the time spent on the net and prevent innocent students to get cheated. What I think is that cyberspace safety is very vital. As the cases of cyberspace incidents are numerous, the need of cyberspace safety is there. With the help of VWO (Fei Yue Community), the students could now be counseled by them. I feel that there is a need for parents to be able to control their children usage on the net. But firstly, parents must be able to use the computer and the internet. In a nutshell, I am pleased to see Singapore government is working hard on the next generation and I wish to see a brand new cyberspace.

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is indeed a good move by the ministry. It is a rising and a very real problem among students. Do you think students will take it seriously?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home